Friday, March 5, 2010

Ego=Puppy



I enjoyed letting go of the evil view I had of my EGO today while reading Dr. David Hawkins' book titled 'Discovery Of The Presence of God"!

I saw my EGO as a villain running through my life creating havoc!

I worked in the Feature Film Industry for 12 years, as a Visual Effects Artist on the greatest films of our time.  Thanks George Lucas! After finishing the last shot on the film "Van Helsing," I went to a lecture on a book, titled "Power vs. Force" by Dr. David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD. The Doc said, that by just standing in Holy sites the energy could raise your level of consciousness. His magnetic charm and intoxicating laughter, made me want whatever he had. I sold everything I owned, bought a backpack, and set out to stand in Holy sites around the world. I wrote a memoir about my experiences around the world titled, "From Hollywood to God. (See photos below)

To live in a state of “Happy No Matter What” I must learn to love the idea of no judgments, which is living in a state of non-duality. (Non-dualism may be viewed as the understanding or belief that dualism or dichotomies are illusory phenomena. Examples of dualisms include self/other, mind/body, male/female, good/evil, active/passive, dualism/non-dualism and many others. It is accessible as a belief, theory, condition, as part of a tradition, as a practice, or as the quality of union with reality.)

My aim is to reach a state of non-judgment, but "Damn it's hard"!
A non-dual nature of existence is the truth but my ego thinks otherwise!
I have been calling my EGO "the" Black Mamba Snake that lies and blocks the sun which is always there, the source of life or as I call it GOD!

But today, the duality and judgment nicely cleared away thanks to Hawkins by seeing my ego/mind as an innocent pet!

Hawkins writes on page 141

"The safeguards that protect one along the way from the temptations that arise consist of forewarning plus humility, gratitude, and importantly, respect. One becomes grateful for the truth and its fruits and respectful of its origin. The integrous are also respectful of the possible pitfalls and temptations that may be alertness to such limitations. Humility is paradoxically a quality of respect. It is also wise to respect even the ego itself, for without its efforts over great eons of time, one would not have even survived long enough to seek transcending it. It is a mistake to set up the ego as one's enemy to be conquered. It is more profitable to merely adopt it as a pet and melt it with compassion. Whatever the ego did in the past was because, like a puppy, it just did not know better. There is no profit in denouncing it as evil. To denounce it is to get stuck in the polarity/duality of good and evil rather than viewing it as limitation. There is also no profit in personalizing it. Even the ego that 'should have known better' actually did not, or it would not have make an error."-Hawkins

So, if I am not the ego/puppy/mind what am I?

Hawkins answers: through my understanding of his written words.

I can observe, laugh and have compassion for the puppy, my ego/mind/thoughts but I am not the puppy.

"To know that you ARE the crux (crux: Latin for cross, a vital, basic, decisive, or pivotal point) of sentient life. That 'I' is happy and content as I am.
The hallmark would be: I have awareness/consciousness and am therefore perfect.

Discovery of the Presence of God, page 138

The Allness of Divinity

1. Divinity is nonlinear, impartial, nonjudgmental, and beyond partiality or selective favoritism.

2. Divinity is not capricious, judgmental, or subject to limitations of presumptive human emotions.
Divine Love, like the sun is unconditional
Limitation is a consequence of the ego.

3. The justice of God is an automatic consequence of the omnipotence and omniscience of Divinity. Goal does not 'do', 'act', or cause, but 'is'. The quality of Divinity radiates as an infinite field of power by which all that exists is automatically aligned by 'what' it is and has become. Each soul/spirit thus gravitates by virtue of its innate destiny to its own level, just as does a cork in the sea or an iron filing in an electromagnetic field.

4. Divinity is Absolute Domination by virtue of its innate quality of infinite power, which is far beyond force. Force is a tool of positionality and control and is limited. Power is infinite strength. Because it is the very source of power as Divine Self, there is no need to seek it.

5. Within the All-Powerful, All -Presence of Divinity, all that exists aligns itself. This adjustment is the consequence of spiritual choice Freedom is innate to Divine Justice.

6. The omniscience and omnipotence of Divinity, expressed, as the infinite field of consciousness, is verifiable by consciousness research calibration techniques that confirm realities up and down the entire scale of possibility. All thoughts, actions and decisions imprint upon the infinite field of consciousness, which is beyond time and location. By this imprint, justice is guaranteed. -Hawkins

During my walk home today from the gym with my amazing husband David I shared that we should change our ego's name from evil Black Mambas to the idea that they are innocent puppies.

He laughed and said, “I can see the puppy right now chewing up the shoes, or barking, or sometimes well behaved.”

We are laughing our way to non-duality while walking our puppies home!
My memoir  "From Hollywood to God"  is now on Amazon and Kindle books!

My first stop was to The World Sound Healing Conference in San Francisco. I wanted to understand the science of frequencies, especially if everything in the universe was vibrating to their own unique song!

I waited in the large conference room to hear Dr. Susan Yale's lecture on the Harmonic Oscillator.

The room went black and three pyramids projected on a movie screen.


"You can hear the sound of "nature" between the Pyramids of Giza," Dr. Yale said, pausing, "it's a perfect F Sharp."

No one moved. She spoke slowly, "If you knew there was a place in the world where you could hear God, would you go?"

I always wanted to sleep on the Nile!"

~ from my Memoir, (click link—"From Hollywood to God"  Kelly Granite Enck on Amazon books and Kindle.
Giza, Egypt
Hiking through Bhutan

Tiger's Temple, Thailand
River Kwai, Thailand

The Kingdom of Bhutan


Peru
Tiger's Nest Bhutan

Click link— "From Hollywood to God"  to read the reviews!

Below is my Youtube — Click on the Subscribe to follow me—it's free!



This is my story of a diet that changed my brain. When you are on a Raw Food Diet you can't help but love yourself and everyone else. It's the answer to world peace and reverses aging!  

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog, Kelly. The Hawkins material is always astounding! Dr. Hawkins suggests that we can't kill the ego, but we can transcend its strangle-hold on us. It certainly has accomplished its original purpose - to ensure the survival of our physical bodies. But now it seems to be blocking our spiritual growth. Maybe we can coopt it and give it a new mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the point, didn't we forget to laugh? Is it possible to laugh our way back? Thank you for your work Kelly, I love it. I am so sorry that we didn't at least have lunch when you were living in San Marcos, I would love to have met you in person! Much love. Kathy Scott Perry

    ReplyDelete

Kelly Granite Enck